Jack W. Orf Journal

Discussion of important issues of the day without name-calling or meaningless arguments. Unless I'm in a bad mood, in which case body armor is recommended. I welcome your comments! Of late, this blog has gone from being a Critique of Pure Obama, to a Critique of Impure Trump.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Obama Looking Good on Diplomatic Tour

I take back what I said a couple days ago (see below). Obama is actually looking pretty good meeting with all of those heads of state. Most importantly, he looks strong and comfortable meeting with them, and they seem to have a liking and a respect for him.

This is actually the kind of activity that I have been looking for. I've been very annoyed with Obama for just giving us nice, safe, pre-digested BS. I find TV commercials to be annoying, and I dislike his speeches, because they go unchallenged.

I want to see him in more one-on-one situations where he can't so easily BS his way thru it. At least these diplomatic situations are one-on-one's with important people, so they show that he is not just an empty suit.

I really think that it would be to Obama's advantage to debate McCain one-on-one in those Town Hall meetings. He should not be avoiding them. Certainly Obama will LOOK much better than McCain, since he is taller, younger, healthier and better-looking. He also needs to show that he isn't afraid of McCain, and that he isn't afraid of the truth.

Part of the reservations that people have against Obama is that they don't feel that they know him. So it does not help him to avoid debating McCain, just as it did not help him to avoiding Hillary in the final weeks of the primary.

But as you can see, Obama has increased my respect for him by appearing with important foreign dignitaries.

Draft 1: 7/23/08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home