Jack W. Orf Journal

Discussion of important issues of the day without name-calling or meaningless arguments. Unless I'm in a bad mood, in which case body armor is recommended. I welcome your comments! Of late, this blog has gone from being a Critique of Pure Obama, to a Critique of Impure Trump.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Painted Veil

I moderately recommend the movie "The Painted Veil". I award it 3 cholera boogers (4 and you die of diarrhea). The acting was a bit wooden, but the photography was magnificent and it gave you a glimpse inside the Chinese peasantry, although I don't really know if it was actually filmed in China.

However, a bad sign is that I only managed to sit thru 75% of the movie. I've mentioned before that that is my typical attention span, except for extraordinary movies. But it is certainly a good movie, and people who like serious, intelligent, sensitive movies should enjoy it.

Unfortunately, I tend to prefer movies where there are bombs going off, witches fighting wizards, people shooting each other, men f---ing beautiful women, and/or people traveling thru time naked.

First draft: 2/3/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home