Jack W. Orf Journal

Discussion of important issues of the day without name-calling or meaningless arguments. Unless I'm in a bad mood, in which case body armor is recommended. I welcome your comments! Of late, this blog has gone from being a Critique of Pure Obama, to a Critique of Impure Trump.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 28, 2008

My Response to Rev Jeremiah Wright's Letter to the NYT

Well, I read what he said, and don't really understand it. I guess because you have to know what he is referring to. But he sounds reasonable enough.

It is nice that Rev Wright thinks that Obama is so wonderful, and I hope he is right. However, I am finding Obama somewhat lacking.

This is because I am a Florida Democrat who voted on January 29, and I do not understand why my vote should not count. Is there some crime that I and the 1,699,999 other Floridians committed?

If the local Florida politicians here committed a great crime against the DNC Commissars by holding the election 1 week early, I do not understand why I am being punished for it. Let the DNC punish those local politicians (at least the Democratic ones).

Punishing the 1,700,000 people who voted on January 29 because their political leaders held the election early is much like bombing civilian centers in Baghdad because Sadam Hussein was an a war criminal. It is much like giving a person the death penalty because their neighbor murdered somebody. It is much like bombing the World Trade Center and murdering 3,000 people because George Bush has committed war crimes. Did those 3,000 people deserve to die?

I and the 1,699,999 other Florida Democrats who voted on January 29 voted that day because it was the legally constituted voting day according to the duly elected legislature of the Sovereign State of Florida, obeying all by-laws of the Florida Constitution and obeying all Federal, State and Local statutes related to holding elections.

It was not in accordance with the DNC, but perhaps somebody could tell me what AUTHORITY the DNC has on this matter. They are not a government agency, they are not a branch of the federal, state, or local government, they are not part of the judiciary, they are not appointed officials with any governmental authority, they are NOT elected by the DEMOCRATS of the USA. Pray tell, is it not PRESUMPTUOUS of the DNC to CLAIM that they represent DEMOCRATS in America?

WE THE PEOPLE did NOT elect Howard Dean as head of the DNC. WE THE PEOPLE did not elect Donna Brazile as the Supreme Justice of the DNC. WE THE PEOPLE have NEVER granted authority to the DNC to DENY US the RIGHT TO VOTE.

So perhaps somebody could explain to me, very, very, slowly, how the DNC has the right to disenfranchise me? Since Senator Obama is a Professor of Constitutional Law (or something like that), perhaps he could explain it to me. I am, of course, very stupid. I am nothing but a stupid VOTER. I am not a lofty Professor, or anything like that. So, please, explain this to me fully.

The election of January 29 was also actually 3 WEEKS long, including evenings and weekends, just to be sure that EVERYBODY could vote. And indeed, voters were encouraged to vote, even tho the DNC had said that delegates would not be seated. And indeed there was RECORD turnout, even tho we did not have the usual TV diarrhea of ads. How nice, actually, NOT to have these jerks campaigning here! We were QUITE capable of making up our minds about who to vote for without listening to the endless diarrhetic TV ads.

I would also like to inform anybody who is listening that I will continue to make this an issue FOREVER, if the Florida delegation is not seated in proportion to the election of Jan 29, or according to a REVOTE, if Senator Obama truly HAS the HONESTY and INTEGRITY to participate in a free and fair REVOTE.

I had 3 uncles who went thru a great deal of inconvenience to fight in World War II so that I would have the right to vote. I would be besmirching their memory if I EVER accepted being silent on this issue.

Unfortunately, the issue of ENFRANCHISEMENT has become the PRINCIPAL ISSUE of this entire campaign. MORE IMPORTANT than anything. More important than Hillbama and their duplicities (neither of them is saintly). This is a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT that can not be compromised, and will not be compromised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home