Jack W. Orf Journal

Discussion of important issues of the day without name-calling or meaningless arguments. Unless I'm in a bad mood, in which case body armor is recommended. I welcome your comments! Of late, this blog has gone from being a Critique of Pure Obama, to a Critique of Impure Trump.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary CAN NOT Heal the Wounds

Hillary CAN NOT heal the wounds. There are huge numbers of Democratic voters who did not vote for her. They voted AGAINST Obama. Many, like myself, voted for Bill. There is no doubt in my mind that the BEST thing for America at this time would be a third Bill Clinton term.

As one of those "evil" Florida voters who voted for Hillary, whether or not Hillary supports Obama is a total and complete IRRELEVANCY to me. At the current time, altho I am lifelong Democrat (except voting for Reagan in 1980), I am currently legitimately undecided.


I am very disappointed in Obama's hypocrisy. He says that he wants an election based on the discussion of issues. Why then did he REFUSE McCain's very reasonable offer to have 10 townhall debate/discussions? Why did he refuse Hillary's reasonable offer to have unmediated debates at the the end of the primary?


Unfortunately, Obama is a very "traditional" hack-politician in that he prefers to hide out while his supporters spend tens of millions of dollars on stupid negative ads. Face-to-face townhall debates would avoid this negative ad war.


Negative ads are annoying to me because they tell me nothing about either party. My idea? Pass a LAW saying that Presidential candidates MUST debate face-to-face EVERY WEEK. Unfortunately, none of them have the gonads to do that. They just want to sell us a president like a tube of toothpaste.


If Obama would meet with McCain for 10 townhall debates, I think that I would be MUCH more likely to vote for Obama. IF he does well. I think that this would reveal what Obama is REALLY about. Obama does not come off as "real". Where is the guy who went to Jeremiah Wright's church every week for 20 years? And don't give me any preposterous nonsense that that has no meaning. We need to know what Obama is about BEFORE he takes up residency at the White House.


And enough with the stupid mass-rally speeches. We get it. Obama is a great speaker. So what? A president has to be able to go head-to-head with heads-of-state of hostile countries. What are Obama's abilities in this regard? Let's see how McCain and Obama stack up in this regard. And we are NOT going to get this info from watching some IDIOTIC "moderated" debate, like those MORONIC Democratic primary debates (more like love-ins).



Draft 1: 8/27/08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home